What Happens When Machines Become Conscious?
One sentence review: Ava _is_ an anti-theist
Good graphics – check
Good story – check
Good action – not an action flick
Good sex – depends on your definition, does mind fuck count as sex?
Would Nietzsche have enjoyed it? Once he got over the fact that we have 1080i resolution televisions with 4k screens, he’d have loved it.
Should you watch it? Only if you like cerebral stories about consciousness and what it actually means to be a conscious machine (hint: humans are)
Favorite scene: When Ava goes shopping for body parts like any woman browsing through a clothing store after killing her god
What can you expect to see:
- A visceral demonstration of the law of reciprocity
- How important empathy is, also see the first item (then think about this one carefully)
- Why a 15 million acre ranch is a bad idea
- Why people watching is addictive
- How to be a bad parent
- Why you can’t rescue everyone that seems like they need it
- How to tell a scifi story while avoiding all the technical details
What you won’t see:
- How religious people will feel about strong AI or consciousness in any species other than humans
- The answer to created consciousness and fears about the singularity
- Why robotic FWB is a bad idea
- How human psychology is the epitome of evolution in consciousness
Do watch it, I totally enjoyed it. I also recommend