Enter The Fragile Ego – No Bubble!
Now this is something worth repeating until we all agree on it.
Since when did we lose our ability to hold complex discussions without acting like children? No really. It’s near impossible to have a real conversation anymore. When did that happen? There has developed a barrage of rules about when certain topics are forbidden conversation:
- Don’t discuss sex or politics at dinner parties.
- Don’t discuss politics or religion at the bar.
- Don’t discuss diet at the dinner table.
- Never discuss personal matters at work.
- No sex or race or politics or religion on Facebook, please. (Cat pictures only!)
With all these rules, when can we ever really, seriously talk about anything at all?
It seems one cannot bring up thought provoking topics anymore without someone else becoming offended or throwing around accusations. Dare you state the obvious, and you are just being mean. Dare to infuse racial-sociological context, and you are being a troll. “You’re talking publicly about your disbelief in my…
View original post 294 more words