So Close, Yet So Far Away…. “Missed It By THAT Much…”
So I’m thinking about the lack of evidence for the exodus and Moses and all his glorious stories. The following occurs to me:
- Moses goes up Mount Sinai to take YHWH’s dictation. (read that how you want)
- Moses comes down with stone tablets with rules on them
- None of the Israelites are obeying them, so he gets pissed, breaks them and goes back up the mountain
- Clearly YHWH has to be aware that he’s not the most popular deity in the region
- He dictates 10 more rules – the first four are about how bad ass he is the rest amount to ‘be good to one another’
- Moses comes back down and has to tighten ranks to get the people to obey a god that was less than 1.5 miles directly above them the whole time
So even back then, god wasn’t so keen on showing himself. All the proto-Jews could have witnessed god first-hand. Nope, not happening. That spoils things to know things for certain.
Arguably, Paul of Tarsus wrote more of the NT than all the others put together. He never saw Jesus or YHWH. He got his news flash from angels second hand. Yeah that story is a bit iffy. Still off he goes to tell the whole world that he KNOWS Jesus is a man god. He just KNOWS it. Now people use Paul’s writings as if they were evidence of a god.
I’m telling you this, if YHWH was only 1.4 miles away and would not show himself to his CHOSEN people, then there isn’t much hope that any of the rest of us are ever going to meet this god. In fact it rather much looks like this god never existed at all.
What a sham religion is.
It’s all make believe and people think it feels real. Humans are also notoriously bad eyewitnesses. We know what second hand news and rumor is good for… nothing. That’s all we’ve got from religions, especially the monotheistic ones. They think they know how I should be living but they can’t even give credible evidence for why they think that. It adds up to mostly a Nuremberg defence… I was just following god’s orders.
My head hurts… did I miss any good points on that topic?